How do I blend in my hair extensions?
We are so sorry to hear that you're having troubles blending your hair extensions in with your natural hair. Don't worry, we are here to help and would love to provide you with some suggestions that will help your extensions blend seamlessly with your hair.
Firstly, you need to understand why your hair extensions aren't blending well. There are multiple reasons as to why this may be occurring because everyone has a different hair type and cut. Not every customer can simply clip the extensions in and be ready to go, some of us have to put in a little extra effort. To give you an example, if you have a lot of layers, it is likely that you will have to also layer your extensions to get a seamless blend.
Here are some of our tips and tricks on blending extensions into different hair types!
Tips for Short Hair
If you have short hair it will take a little extra work when it comes to blending your hair extensions in with your natural hair. Here are our biggest tips!
- Select the right set! If your hair is super short you will need to use the Deluxe 220gram set. This is to ensure that you have enough wefts to hide the transition between your natural hair and the extensions.
- Trim or Layer your extensions! We recommend getting your hair extensions blended in by a trained professional. This can also help you learn exactly where to place each weft.
- Curl your hair extensions! Styling your hair extensions is the easiest way to help blend your hair with the extensions. By curling your extensions you can create a seamless blend.
Tips for Thick Hair
Are you having trouble blending in your extensions because your hair is too thick? We are super jealous of that this is your problem. Our Deluxe 220gram set is perfect for thick hair. Here are some of our top tips for blending our extensions into thick hair.
- Clip the wefts higher on your head. By clipping the wefts in higher on your head or spreading them apart more it can help create a seamless blend.
- Wash your extensions. Washing your hair extensions can actually make them appear thicker, as they expand a little after washing.
- Braid the bottom section of your hair. Section off the bottom of your hair from ear to ear, then braid and secure it against your head with bobby pins. Go ahead and apply your extensions like normal. This will help blend the extensions with your natural hair and you won't see those cheeky bottom laters of hair showing underneath the extensions.
- Style your hair! Curling your extensions after you've applied them can help create a seamless blend. Ensure you take a piece of your natural hair and piece of the extensions in each curl for the best result.
Tips for Thin Hair
If you have thin hair you will find that your biggest problem is usually trying to hide the clips. Our 120gram classic set is most suited to thin haired beauties.
- Tease your hair for grip. By making a solid base for the wefts by teasing your hair you will allow the clips to have something to hold onto.
- Identify how high you can place your clips. For thin hair you usually don't want to place the clips any higher than the top of your ears, this will ensure that none of the wefts are visible.
- Find the right position for your wefts. Whilst we recommend a certain placement of wefts, everyone has a different sized and shaped head so it isn't always consistent. Play around with the placement of your wefts until you figure out the positioning that works best for you.
- Be selective with your wefts. If you have thin hair you won't always need to use all of the clips. If you're struggling to find space to clip in a weft, chances are you just don't need it.
- Tease the crown of your head. Once you have applied your extensions and have your gorgeous new locks you might notice that the bottom of your hair feels a lot thicker than the top. If you tease the crown of your head it will add a little more volume to match in with the rest of your hair.
Questions answered by specific topic.